31 March 2009

Friend for a reason, season & lifetime

It's my very good friend, KT's, birthday today. KT and I have known each other since Secondary 1 at Raffles Girls'. Without revealing our age, let's just say it's been a long time since we knew each other.

I cannot even begin to say how much I treasure her friendship.

She and her mom helped me through one of the roughest patches in my life. That was a time when I was having family problems and was constantly thinking up ways to stay away from home. As fate would have it, we were staying very close to each other, and KT never failed to invite me to her place for lunch and stayed on to do homework.

Her mom never asked why but I think she kind of got used to her daughter's classmate who was becoming a regular at her place.

Their home was my refuge. Her friendship kept me strong.

Thankfully, I overcame that period and am now happily married with children of my own. On my wedding day, KT was also my "bridesmaid", even though she no longer qualified then because well, she was already married! I wouldn't have it any other way.

Even now after I've shifted to China, the two of us still met up whenever I'm back in Singapore. And kept each other in the loop of things with our blogs.

There's this saying that people come into your life for a reason, season or lifetime. But for KT, I think, she was my friend for a reason, a season and definitely for this lifetime.

Happy birthday, my dearest friend. May everyday be a joy for you.

1 comment:

kt said...

am very touched. heartfelt thanks!

Contributors